Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Chapter #5

Today is my second day reading a book after a long time, the last time I read a book was probably when I was a junior in high school. As I keep reading this book I get more and more into it, I learn new words and meanings of the brain.

Tryptophan- is relatively small amino acid enter the brain changing the mood.

Basal Ganglia-  Thats where your feelings are, thoughts, and movement. The Ganglia is where you can feel fear thats when ever you scared you freeze for a couple of seconds and dont know what to do, you get IMMOBILE.
- It is also around the Limbic system.

One other fact that I learn today was always breath with your belly in order to get more oxygen on your body. 



How to relax 

Focus  (Focus on a spot) Breathe ( 3 slow deep breaths from belly to chest) Relax  ( Progressive muscle relaxation) Down ( Ride down the escalator count to 20 backwards!) UP  ( Ride up the escalator count to 10 open your eyes) 

No comments:

Post a Comment